Dance Addiction SA Champs Rules and Regulations
- Entries can be done via the web site or email
- MM Nagel
- ABSA Bank
- Savings Account
- Ballet (Specify National, Classical/NeoClassical, DemiCharacter or Repertoire)
- Line Dancing
- Improv Any Age
- Musical Theatre
- Song and Dance
- Set Solo 1
- The same solo or routine taught to a group of students sharing a class or level in the discipline, usually for the beginners or lower levels of a discipline
- Set Solo 2
- The same solo or routine taught to a group of students sharing a class or level in the discipline, usually for levels just above the beginners or lowest levels of a discipline
- Beginner dancers or dancers with less than 3 hours of training per week for all dance styles
- Dancers with more than 3 hours of training per week across all dance styles or dancers who performed well in the Primary category before.
- Any dance style or level
- 6 and Under
- 8 and Under
- 10 and Under
- 12 and Under
- 13 to 15
- 16 and Over
- 21 and Over
- 30 and Over
- The day of determination of a single competitor’s age is the 1st of August of the year of competition.
- The age group of Group, Trio and Duet will be determined as the average age of all competitors in the entry.
- Solos 2:45
- Duet/Trio 3:00
- Groups 4:00
- Competitors will each receive a participation medal.
- Scores will be announced for each participant as Bronze, High Bronze, Silver, High Silver, Gold and Ultimate Gold. Scores are determined as below
- Bronze 70% to 76%
- High Bronze 77% to 79%
- Silver 80% to 84%
- High Silver 85% to 89%
- Gold 90% To 93%
- Ultimate Gold 94% TO 100%
- Each Competitor will receive an A5 certificate stating their name, category, dance style, age group and exact score with a Bronze, High Bronze, Silver, High Silver, Gold and Ultimate Gold sticker.
- Special Awards will be presented to selected competitors as chosen by the judge based on certain aspects of the performance that might have stood out or made an impression. This could include but is not limited to personality, costume, technique or musicality.
- Teachers will receive the scoring sheets for their competitors after the end of the championship.
Dance Off and Awards
- The highest scoring competitors in each discipline will be invited to a Dance Off event at the end of the championship where the winners will each be presented with a trophy.
- The number of competitors per discipline in the Dance Off will be determined on a pro rata basis based on the number of overall competitors in the discipline during the championship.
- Music must be age appropriate, no foul language in lyrics are permissible.
- Music must be supplied on a on a memory stick at the music desk at least an hour before the performance.
- Music files on the memory stick must be named “Section-Competitor Number-Competitor Name” i.e. Section 5 Competitor 17 will be “5-17-RiaNagel.mp3”
- Music exceeding the time limit will be stopped at the time as specified regardless of whether a competitor are still performing.
- Music will not be faded at the end of a performance regardless of whether a competitor are finished with the performance or not.
General Rules and Regulations
- Entry fees are not refundable or transferable
- No photography or video recordings are allowed of the event, professional photos and videos will be available to buy for the duration of the competition.
- By entering into this championship teachers, parents and competitors give their consent to Dance Addiction SA Champs to use any photos, videos or audio of the event for advertising and marketing purposes in the media, online or in hard copy format.
- No parent, competitor or teacher will approach or interact with the judges or engage into any discussion with then.
- Teachers only are asked to approach the organisers for any questions or assistance needed.
- All competitors will be at the competition an hour before their event.